Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Mojo going on.....

Okay so these two pieces I did one which was for my sister in law's baby shower. I thought how cute is this sonogram pic of my niece who happened to be born two weeks Delanie Paige Rivera. Anyhoo I will post up pics. As a matter of fact I think I will do a collage of all my nieces and nephews.

Okay so the background I bought at the dollar store and had put a scrapbook paper but it didn't flow for me so I painted it. and then added the embellishments and used jewelry wire for the top and wala and instant gift. Not only that it's a personal one of a kind, Titi Amy gift. Yes, I am that aunt!!!















This second project was made for my niece Angelique who turned 7 this september. Yes I have several september bday's. We went to the beach this year twice and had such a blast. It's one of those memory building things. So I thought it be nice if I gave her something to remember it by. It it a flat piece of canvas, there is a name for it but it escapes me now. I painted it this delicious beachy color and embellished with glitter and scrap book stuff. I also added glitter to the sea shells we collected and glued the shell on the canvas with e-600 glue. She loved it bless her heart!!!!

I have always enjoyed making personal things no matter how hokey it is. As I continue to unleash my creativity I am better able to get what I see in my head onto whatever medium of my choosing and I have to say it feels absolutely delicious.
I hope you enjoy them and are encouraged that little by little we can DO IT!!! It is just important to get from your head to that actual testing and learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...