Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Of Aprons, Keeping The Home, And Bread



I have tried to write this several times and yet it doesn't lend itself to a post. So I am going to let it flow as it pleases~


OF APRONS,KEEPING THE HOME,AND BREAD



Over the head, arms placed through,
tie
I've donned my apron
Warmth. emotion wafts like the breeze.....
This sweet imperfect reality,
Nurture, love. something mysteriously magical 
happens when momma puts her APRON on,
Tidy, tradition,keeper of the fort
This I wear as a badge, this warms my heart.
 Right here, right now, my heart aches to know,
 
 All the wrong ideas
causing the women in this world to have disdain for our homes.
Memories like liquid glass lace my kitchen and the table.
 
Intentional and not intentional but that is the way of life,
Keeping my home, yes, like a momma bear
I guard I watch, husband and I combine our forces
 We found our own rhythm and song, we sway and dance to the life we've made
it is sweet......
Bread and ancient symbol of life.family.love.survival.comfort.
I knead, I need, I move to fold, push,pull. 

And 

Again

There is much weaved into this, we knead the living word into our lives

There is no act, no perfection, no ideal
just the daily workings of a home and a family


.....I BREATHE DEEPLY....
 
 .......I FEEL G-D SO NEAR ME.......


SHALOM
Angelique
 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...