Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My children are pickwickians

Amusing enough we bought some Charles Dickens novels being that we love the movies. One of those classics happens to be "The Pickwick Papers" I haven't read it but my dear daughter has been doing so the last 2 weeks. All I have heard from her moments of reading is laughter. I love the sound of my kids laughing. But tonight she has mentioned it to her brother, he is going to be 12 at the end of this month and they have begun their own club. I have read a little and in Mr. Dickens way ,sometimes you must work to follow along. But as I type my son is reading!!!! not generally his type of book, but a perfect example of good sisterly influence. It's wonderful!!! They have assigned each other personalities. What a wonderful privilege it is as a mom to be witness to this glorious thing called growing. I am honored that G-d choose me for these 2 characters that sometimes have me rolling with tears.
Are you enjoying the people he's put in your life?

Lady Lavender

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...