Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Tuesday Baking Day

Shall we speak of the wondrous beauties of baking day? I do realize that it is not Tuesday, yesterday was a late day. My wonderful daughter and I just finished making.....

1 loaf of bread
1 dozen hamburger buns (we do love these for sandwiches and such)
2 loaves of challah bread (placed the dough in the freezer to be cooked on friday for Shabbat)
1 dozen blackberry pancakes
1 dozen slices of french toast (for tomorrow morning)

If I were better prepared I would have also done some freezer meals which I am looking forward to doing.
I love being able to bake ahead and freeze or have available, now I am not saying that I have been diligent in this matter but with much effort I am improving.
Now I have settled that we must have a baking day in our home to which I have given the third day of the week (gregorian calender tuesday) the privilege. I have a wonderful book "Make a Mix" by Karine Eliason,Nevada Harward and Madeline Westover. It has mixes such as a quick mix, a cake mix and many others. I alter the mixes for whole foods diet. And what shall be said this is an excellent resource for every kitchen. It fills me with delight when I am in the kitchen and have the confidence of some experience to assist me. What makes it even more delightful is when the children are with me. We work together. I have had to learn to use this time wisely to speak with my children. I generally like to work alone quietly (for the sake of the food sometimes it's best!! LOL) But I have learned to work around that so that learning and quality time are soaked up. Well that is all for this moment. I just took the bread out of the oven, the sweet smell of whole wheat bread......delightful.

Lady Lavender

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...